LHA’s Mission Statement
The primary mission of Lubbock Hair Academy is to educate and train students for entry into the hair/nail industry. The primary objectives of the school are to:
- Academically educate the student to pass the state barber licensing exam,
- Prepare the student for a successful career by helping him/her to develop proper work habits, a professional attitude, and an increased level of self-esteem, and
- Assist the graduate in obtaining an entry-level position or advancement in the hair/nail industry.
The mission is accomplished by offering a cognitive, performance-based, quality education that includes hands-on training and practical experiences appropriate for entry-level and advanced employment opportunities. All of the functions of this school revolve around this mission.
The Lubbock Hair Academy offers training programs that are conducted continuously throughout the year. These programs include Barber, Barber Technician, Barber Refresher, Nail Technician, and Barber Instructor Course. The Lubbock Hair Academy is an equal educational opportunity institution. Qualified applicants are admitted without regard to race, creed, sex, national origin or handicap.
Applicants must fulfill the following requirements before enrolling:
Students must be at least 16 1/2 years old and meeting one of the following educational requirements:
- High School diploma
- General Education Development (GED)
Prior to acceptance by the Academy, each applicant for the training programs must:
- Complete an enrollment application
- Appear for a personal interview with school officials
- $40 application fee
Prior to beginning classes, students must provide the school:
- Copy of his/her high school diploma, high school transcript, or GED
- Driver’s license or State Issued ID
- Social Security Card
In addition to the above, applicants for the Barber Instructor Course must have a current certificate of registration as a Barber from the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation.